Sciallamud Forum Index Sciallamud
A Forum for Players of SciallaMud

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Etiquette and Protocol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caris
Implementress

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Etiquette and Protocol Reply with quote

Just FYI, that's what I'm expanding lately--a transparent page for players to be able to access with the finer points of Valrona-area etiquette--especially the rules as touching nobility. In such a small and tony town as Valrona, Nobles rub shoulders regularly with commoners, so this etiquette is very useful to know--but because characters will always come from *outside* Valrona, that knowledge isn't always a given for them.

I want etiquette rules to be transparent because I want players themselves to be able to access it as well as to be able to decide for themselves how much etiquette their PCs know. In the app process I'm intending to ask players if their PCs know etiquette (and if so how well they know it, and where they would have learned it). If a player gets into a role that will require the absorption of these rules, I will make sure to let that player know where to find them, of course. Any player getting involved with the Brotherhood or any shop leadership role will, of course, get a grounding in these rules as well as part of his or her character's education. THIS IS NOT A DICTATE OF RP. Nobody is under a steel-clad obligation to follow etiquette rules--you play the way you think your character would do things, as always. But just as in RL, not following them can have some serious IC repercussions.

I think it's going to be really fun to see these in action, and introduce some all-new dynamics for social roleplay. Once I get the page about it up, I'll let y'all know :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sciallamud Forum Index -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: