Sciallamud Forum Index Sciallamud
A Forum for Players of SciallaMud

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HAHA I know what's coming next in the codebase!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sciallamud Forum Index -> RPI Engine Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caris
Implementress

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: HAHA I know what's coming next in the codebase! Reply with quote

Guys, this rocks so hard. Just got word that layering worn stuff is definitely a go. That means socks and all that fun stuff. Also means warmth ratings, I'm willing to bet, and that means all sorts of knitting crafts suddenly become really relevant.

Def. very happy to hear all this. What a nice Christmas surprise.
Methuselah
Newcomer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for underwear! Are you going to build progs to make people smell if they don't change their underwear everyday?

:lol:
Caris
Implementress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, I'm not sure I want to go to that kind of trouble. But somatics have always intrigued me.
Hav
Newcomer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#IF underwear.label.sewnin <> WEEKDAY(TODAY()) THEN echo "A faint odor permeates this place."

Fairly straightforward ;)
Caris
Implementress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and then someone wants "urgency" code added for bathroom breaks, and then somebody wants women to menstruate, and it just snowballs totally out of proportion AND IT NEVER ENDS

That's okay. I've done my time with stinky bachelors with no concept of hygiene--and have no desire to encounter it in a game! ;)

TheOldExpatriate
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it'd be a good thing to make players spend their limited time playing worrying about changing their character's underwear. If a character wants to play someone smelly they will. If they don't, well, they won't.

I'm all for layers of clothing and little things to help players add a personal touch to their creation but that seems like it'd detract from the atmosphere rather than add to it.
Caris
Implementress

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, kinda my thoughts too. Somatic scents will be limited to RP-adding stuff -- perfumes, possibly hints about plots ("why does that guy smell so strongly of fresh-mown grass in the middle of the Sun Quarter?"), etc.
Bard
Entertainer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, changing underwear is a lot of trouble. We're better off if we don't do it.

Oh wait. You mean in-game, don't you? :D

*ahem!*

Seriously, perfumes and plot-stuff are great for that. If someone wants to RP stinking he/she can just emote it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sciallamud Forum Index -> RPI Engine Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: